Microwave Chilli Recipe
400 g can chopped tomatoes, drained and juice reserved
400 g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
½ small onion, finely chopped
1 garlic clove
Knob of butter, room temperature
½ tsp ground cumin
½ tsp paprika
½ vegetable stock cube
Pinch of chilli flakes or chilli powder
Sour cream, to serve (optional)
Coriander, to serve (optional)
1. Plug in and switch on the microwave at the mains power supply.
2. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the onion, garlic, butter and spices.
3. Choose ‘Microwave’ and set the power to 100P for approx. 30–40 seconds.
4. Leave to stand for 1 minute then add the chopped tomatoes, kidney beans and stock cube.
5. Cover with plastic wrap and pierce several times.
6. Set the power to 100P for 2 minutes.
7. Stir well and leave to stand for 1 minute. If the chilli begins to dry, add a tablespoon of the reserved tomato juice.
8. Cover and set the power to 80P for 2 minutes. Stir and leave to stand for 1 minute.
9. Garnish with sour cream and coriander and serve immediately.