Microwave Mug Cake Recipe
4 tbsp self-raising flour
4 tbsp caster sugar
2 tbsp cocoa powder
1 medium egg
3 tbsp milk
3 tbsp vegetable oil or sunflower oil
2 tbsp chocolate chips, nuts, or raisins (optional)
A few drops of vanilla essence or other essence if preferred
1. Plug in and switch on the microwave at the mains power supply.
2. In a microwave-safe mug, add the self-raising flour, caster sugar and cocoa powder.
3. Add the egg and mix to combine.
4. Add the milk, oil and essence and mix until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips, nuts or raisins.
5. Choose ‘Microwave’ and set the power to 100P for 1 ½–2 minutes.
6. Place the mug in the centre of the microwave and cook until the cake stops rising and is firm to the touch.
7. Serve immediately.