Microwave Shakshuka Recipe
200 ml passata or canned tomatoes, blitzed
1 medium egg
1 garlic clove, finely sliced
1 heaped tbsp red pepper salsa or ¼-½ red pepper, chopped
1 tbsp chopped coriander and pitta bread, to serve
1 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Plug in and switch on the microwave at the mains power supply.
2. Brush a microwave-safe bowl with some of the olive oil.
3. In the microwave-safe bowl, combine the passata or canned tomatoes, garlic and salsa or red pepper. Season to taste.
4. Make a well in the centre of the mixture and break in the egg. Prick the yolk with a knife.
5. Cover the bowl.
6. Choose ‘Microwave’ and set the power to 100P for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
7. Continue to cook in 20 second increments until the egg white is cooked.
8. Meanwhile, warm the pitta bread in a toaster.
9. Garnish with the coriander.
10. Serve immediately with the warmed pitta.