Microwave Tomato Penne Pasta Recipe
250g chopped tomatoes
85g penne pasta
25g bread, diced or torn
1 garlic clove, crushed, or pinch of garlic granules
2 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil
Small handful of fresh basil or ¼ tsp mixed dried herbs
Pinch of salt
1. Plug in and switch on the microwave at the mains power supply.
2. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the tomatoes, garlic, basil or dried herbs and salt.
3. Fold in the bread then add the pasta, making sure everything is fully coated in the sauce.
4. Cover with plastic wrap and pierce several times.
5. Choose ‘Microwave’ and set the power to 100P for 2 minutes.
6. Stir well. Add the water and stir again. Cover and leave to stand for 1 minute.
7. Set the power to 80P for 5 minutes.
8. Stir well. If the pasta begins to dry, add a splash of water.
9. Set the power to 80P for 5 minutes. Add another splash of water if needed.
10. Stir in the oil and serve immediately.