For the veg
1 red pepper
For the sauce
2 tbsp olive oil
2 cloves garlic
2 tbsp balsamic
6 basil leaves
400g tinned tomatoes
1 tbsp tomato puree
1/2 tsp stock (if you have it)
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/4 tsp paprika
1. To a medium saucepan on medium heat, add 2 crushed garlic cloves, your basil and allow the garlic to slightly brown
2. As soon as the garlic has browned, add your tinned tomatoes, then add your spices, water, stock, balsamic, and tomato puree
3. Turn to medium low, and allow to reduce whilst you chop your veg
4. Preheat your oven to 170°C
5. Finely slice all your veg - I did mine in circles so I could layer them
6. Start to layer your veg in a circular baking dish or cake tin - I did aubergines first then courgettes, then peppers, and carried on until I made it all the way around the dish
7. When the dish is full of your sliced veg, spoon over your reduced tomato sauce until all the veg is covered.
8. Drizzle over some olive oil, then cover with foil and bake for 1 hour.
9. Remove the tinfoil after the hour, then cook for another hour.
10. Sprinkle with pine nuts, and drizzle with balsamic and serve.